This month, we introduced the newest version of Create: a generative AI first website and app builder that lets you go from your idea to reality in minutes. You can try it for free here.
From our initial Product Hunt launch, we've seen tremendous interest. We've had a few thousand apps made, from SaaS app pricing pages to link in bio pages. It's now possible to build an application in minutes.
A new way to build
Building with Create is fast, simplified, and more...well...generative than traditional ways of making apps. We know because we're founders and developers who have tried all the other ways. We think it can offer a new way for businesses to build applications for both their customers and their internal employees.
Here's how it works:
- You just describe what you want, and the AI will generate the code for it in real time. You see the results rendered visually in an instant, and they'll often surprise you in a good way.
- To iterate, you just tell the AI what you want to do next. If you need to be more specific, you can just tap on the part you want to change and tell it what to update. Under the hood, it's updating the underlying code in real time. It's like having a conversation sitting side by side with your smart developer teammate
- You can share the app you made with others to collaborate. So your smart developer friend or teammate with a great design eye can help you have a better conversation with AI to build your app.
- You can launch that app live for yourself or others to use when you're done.
- You can copy and paste the code to use it in another app.
A more powerful way to build
We've already been surprised by a few properties of this new way of building.
- It's fast. If you do know how to code, you'll find it's often faster than writing it yourself.
- It's simple, so it's more accessible to new builders.
- It's useful. It's as powerful as writing code, which is pretty powerful. The potential for customization is endless.
We're seeing new use cases open up, whether it's an easier way for an influencer to make a link in bio page, better collaboration with developers on your team, or rapid experimentation on potential directions with a quick and dirty prototype.
And this is just the start.
Why we made Create
We believe building applications with full code is useful. But even in 2023, it's still too hard.
Sure, you can use a low code or no code tool, but most are inflexible, and you'll eventually outgrow them. You can hire developers to write the code for you, but it takes you months and most people don't know great ones (there's a shortage I hear). Even if you are a developer, it takes days to weeks to months to rebuild the common features and infrastructure of app development that all companies reinvent.
There are tons of new generative AI tools, but few offer the power of full code to more people. Building on top of foundation models and adding some secret sauce, we think it's now possible.
We're rapidly adding more capabilities to make the apps you can build with Create more useful. We see a path to enabling everything you can do with full code, from frontend customization, to backends and persistence, to generative AI powered capabilities that let you make your own AI-powered